Monday, February 8, 2010

Grocery Bill - Sunday February 7, 2010

Week 4 is done and this week came to $99.49. So 4 full weeks of shopping for my family of 4 and we did it for a grand total of $410.72. Slightly over budget but I have to say we ate extremely well, did not miss out one bit and even had a dinner party in there as well. To me it is quite clear that we are able to do this without changing our diet or lifestyle drastically. what it takes is simply smart shopping and avoiding secondary runs to the grocery store. Have a well stocked freezer and pantry and avoid any prepared and junk foods. You have to be willing to cook, you have to be willing to experiment and you have to be willing to eat the meats or veggies that are on sale this week. The well stocked freezer helps alot in this department becuause once you have it filled up it will be on rotation and you really can have everything in there.

I am going to change up the posts a bit becuase I am finding it all a bit repetitive. I will continue to post the grocery bills weekly and then the recipes of merit. But I think the daily menu postings is getting a bit much.

Thanks for keeping up and all your comments and emails are appreciated and encouraged. I would sill love to get more ideas on snacks and any recipe or cost saving ideas are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment