Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Still Alive!

I'm still here! Sorry I haven't been posting this week but have been swamped at work, home, kids etc... and haven't had a chance to sit down. Also with the Olympics going on I have been spending all my free time with the kids cheering on those awesome Canadians! FWIW we are so darn good at moguls and snowboard cross, the boy can't decide what his sport is going to be. Now hockey is starting and I think we're in trouble!

I did my shopping again on Sunday and broke the budget a bit. It came to $125.00 this week but there were some super sales on pork chops and lean ground beef at $.99/lb so stocked up for the month. We won't need to add those to the grocery bills for a few weeks for sure, so I should be able to get back on track.

Last night on the way home I couldn't get the old McDonald's song out of my head, "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" (showing my age here), and decided to try and make some Big Macs for dinner. I had all the ingredients on hand, and guessed at the sauce and it turned out AMAZING! Blind taste test and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I'll post the recipe, if you like Big Macs, you won't believe how easy and good this is! I even made a chickpea burger version of this for Michele.

With a salad on the side we sat down and watched Canada trounce Norway in hockey and had a great night.

Go Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment