Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Food Trends for 2010 - I guess I am not alone...

Just found this article and it me laugh a bit. I am starting to see why it appears this blog is hitting home with some people. Many people are trying to work their daily menus on a budget.

I am not alone! I think that people are getting back in control of alot of their spending and food seems to be a big factor. This statement "The back-to-basics approach is reflected in grocery store sales, says Maria Charvat, vice-president of product development for Loblaws (which owns Superstore and the President's Choice brand) in Toronto. She notes the grocery chain's sales of "single-ingredient products" are growing quickly. Things like flour, olive oil and other basics reflect a return to the kitchen to bake, batter and bowl your troubles away.
Cooking techniques for 2010 will focus on the braising of cheaper offcuts (great if you can find them, because major grocery stores don't stock these cuts regularly)."
fits pretty much with what this site is about. Hey I've already had 2 braising recipes in a week!

It will be interesting to see if this trend does continue, at least I know I have some company out there!

1 comment:

  1. No you are not alone! I think it is a great idea and I'm sure you are thinking the same way as many others, whether out of necessity or not keep it up.

    ReplyDelete