Monday, January 18, 2010

Here we go!

Ok this is the deal, My name is Pete, I am married to my beautiful wife Michele coming up to 12 years now. We have 2 great kids, 10 year old Emily and 8 year old Ryan. I work with my 2 brothers in our industrial distribution business based in Canada. Michele is a college professor. Like most young families in our position, life is busy. Between work, school, sports and all the family and friends it is hard to find the time to.... well honestly, do anything right. Laundry, cleaning, cooking, sometimes feels like its all too much. Let alone doing it cost effectvely. Buy lunches at school instead of making them, order a pizza on Friday night instead of doing it yourself...It all starts to add up.

This is where my idea come from. Can we feed ourselves well, no sacrifices here, for $100 a week? I do not have the time or patience to cut coupons nor do I have the time to run around to 6 different stores because each one has a special on something. I am not going to eat carrots for dinner becuase we have nothing left in the fridge. I am a big eater, we all are and we are not going to starve ourselves. For the past few months I have been informally experimenting, going to the grocery store with only $100 in my pocket and making sure I don't go over. Had some failures, some successes. Sometimes had to go back on Thursday because we ran out of milk or something. But in the overall proved to myself this is very doable.

So what I am going to do is this. We generally do our groceries on Sunday. I will post the bill of the week, I'll do a little explaining and then I will post what we ate and where it merits I'll post the recipe.

The other thing Michele and I love is our weekend wine. One thing we love to do is find great wines for under $10. Not always an easy thing and sometimes a massive failure, but sometimes a rare gem turns up. I might just add these finds as they come up.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment